Saturday, January 21, 2006

Running out of time!


It's almost that time again. Only three days left to contribute to the Walk.The Alzheimer Society Walk for Memories. My sister has conscripted me into the family team this year, she's calling it For Pete's Sake, just click the link if you want to donate even a tiny amount to a great cause.
My father, Peter de Haas (who was a well-known Toronto photographer) turns 80 this year. He was first diagnosed with Alzheimer disease in 1998 and it has slowly but surely robbed him of every single memory he owned. Now he doesn't even recognise my mother, his wife. It breaks my heart. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Bibliofilos said...

I've been going thrue your older posts, seen more pictures of your father also. I feel touched by your pictures and even though I do not know you, I feel your pain. Maybe, compared with all these millions of people in the world, we are so so small, but you have touched this small person in Holland.

6:24 p.m.  
Blogger Anne said...

What a sweet thing to say! Thank you for caring about my dad.

8:44 a.m.  
Blogger Anne said...

Thank you Tara Cathcart!

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger Alda said...

Anne, I have just seen this. I can relate - my mother in law died last summer after living with Alzheimers for about 10 years. I watched her vanish. It was heartbreaking.

6:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home