Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tecumseh at Spadina House

Tecumseh at Spadina House
Originally uploaded by torontofotobug.

Sgt. Leanne Jones on Tecumseh at Spadina House.

Spadina House is one of Toronto's finest old manors. The first house constructed on the site was built in 1818 by Dr. William Warren Baldwin. He named his 200-acre property and estate Spadina, which derived from the native word espadinong, which translates as "hill" or "sudden rise of land".


Post a Comment

<< Home